Saturday, August 5, 2017

// // Leave a Comment

Felixstowe Fire Demon

On an autumn evening in 1965, a group of British youths were cruising the town when one of them had a terrifying encounter with a fiery demon that would leave him scarred for life.

Felixstowe is an Edwardian seaside town nestled on the North Sea coast of Suffolk, England. The bustling hub offers a plethora of fascinating sights, but none so strange as the one seen by a group of friends who were joyriding through the town on their way toward Essex at approximately 10:30 pm. on the eve of September 20, 1965.

The group consisted of the driver, 25 year-old Geoffrey Maskey, and his passengers, Mavis Fordyce and Michael Johnson. For reasons not know, Maskey pulled over to the curb next to a hedgerow on the tree lined Walton Avenue.
The youngsters were engaged in lively conversation when Johnson abruptly opened the car door and wandered out into the murky night. Fordyce and Maskey exchanged perplexed glances as their cohort vanished into the Stygian blackness, but simply assumed he had gone to use the bathroom in the woods.

Just moments after Johnson disappeared behind the shrubbery skirting the woods, Maskey and Fordyce heard what they described as a “high-pitched humming” sound. Fordyce grew anxious as the loud humming noise began overwhelming them and Maskey leaned out the window to try and determine the origin of the annoying noise

It was then that he observed an oval-shaped, orange object suspended in the sky over 90-feet above his car. He estimated that the UFO was about 6-foot wide and both he and Fordyce claimed that it was glowing so brightly that it bathed the surrounding countryside in its eerie orange glow.

After the event seemed to have ended, the two friends realized that Johnson was still in the woods. Anxious, they started to call him, without success. Maskey threw his car in reverse gear before calling him again.At the end of a few moments of distress, Michael finally reappeared, but he looked shocked, staggering and holding his head. His friends first believed he was joking, but when the young man suddenly collapsed, they rushed to help him.

Fordyce tried her best to make Johnson comfortable as Maskey hopped behind the wheel and sped away from the forbidden forest and the strange orange light toward the nearby Felixstowe hospital.
Once at the hospital Johnson regained consciousness, but he was suffering from amnesia and could not recognize the friends who had rescued him, much to their dismay. The doctors on duty at the relatively small hospital diagnosed a serious case of shock.

They also noted that he had unusual burn marks on the back of his neck and a contusion above his right ear. The doctors then decided that it would be best to transfer Johnson to the hospital of Ipswich, which was far better equipped to deal with Johnson’s injuries and psychological condition.

The following day Johnson recovered his lost senses and when his friends came to visit him he told them of his mysterious encounter with a strange alien entity in the woods next to Walton Avenue. Johnson claimed that when he abruptly got out of the car the night before he was compelled to do so by an unknown pressing “force,” which insisted that he go into the woods.

Johnson told his friends and doctors that he was forced to walk into the dark forest — although he was unable to recall the distance— where he encountered what he described as a humanoid being with large luminous eyes that were glowing in the darkness.

Johnson swore that he had no memories of what happened next, until he woke up the following morning in a hospital bed. It is obvious that the doctors who heard this young man’s bizarre tale were skeptical to say the least and the newspaper reporters from the Ipswich Evening Star who published the strange account on September 21, 1965, were equally incredulous.

Nevertheless, Johnson’s friends  who had bore witness to the fiery, egg-shaped UFO with their own eyes — believed their pal and knew all too well that something strange and terrifying had transpired in the woods near Walton Avenue that dark night.


Post a Comment